Our world needs ideas! As one of the world's most research-intensive chemical companies, we have been developing leading solutions for numerous sectors – from construction to photovoltaics and cosmetics to rubber – for over 100 years. We have a global presence with production sites on three continents and 17,000 employees from 70 nations.
WACKER SILICONES is one of the world's leading silicone manufacturers with silicone-based system solutions with more than 3,000 different products - silicone fluids, rubbers and resins, silanes and pyrogenic silica. At our Adrian, MI site, we are currently looking for a Chemist to work in our Technical Service Lab serving the Release Coatings group.
Develop/synthesize new silicone based systems (including new molecules/polymers), such as fluids; elastomer gels; emulsions and dispersions, to support and grow market share in Performance Chemicals, especially Consumer Care segment, which consists of home care and personal care.
Develop/synthesize new silicone based systems (including new molecules/polymers), such as fluids; elastomer gels; emulsions and dispersions, to support and grow market share in Performance Chemicals, especially release coatings.
• Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or related science
• At least 2 years of strong chemical synthesis experience or coating formulation experience in an industrial/academic/government research lab
• Experience in characterization of chemical compounds by NMR, IR, chromatographic, and calorimetric techniques
• Good understanding of Silicone Chemistry is a strong plus
• At least 2 years of experience dealing with customers on a technical level.
• Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
• Scale up experience
• Work with minimal supervision on the development of products
• Excellent interpersonal skills to work in cross-disciplinary teams
• Must be able to work in the US without current or future visa support
Sustainability is one of WACKER's corporate goals – also as an employer.We want you to remain productive, healthy and successful long term. Thatis why we offer, for example, comprehensive health management and a variety of advanced training programs and courses for individual development opportunities, alongside a good work-life balance. Naturally, we also have a fair compensation system and above-average social benefits. After all, social responsibility has a long tradition at WACKER.
Be part of a family. Across all nations.
We are looking forward to your online application at www.wacker.com/careers